This year doesn’t seem to be very good for me and Adroisys. After facing suspension (which got corrected recently but with huge losses) from some affiliate programs, mini slaps from Google AdWords now this blog’s home page page rank has been reduced to zero from 3. I am not sure when exactly this happened but I noticed it today morning and verified the same with multiple page rank checker services. The inner pages still enjoy good search ranking and PR.
The only reason I could think of behind this demotion is my last post which was a review on traffic anarchy traffic generation tool. Or could it be the recent announcement to switch Adroisys to a do follow blog?
Anyhow, I am not too paranoid about the PR downgrade as long as the traffic to the blog doesn’t reduce. So far, I haven’t seen any impact of this on my traffic (of the past two days, that is). Probably, I would even contact Google to understand what triggered the downgrade decision.
Why has my page rank gone down?
As per various online forums, the following are some of the reasons why Google page rank of a page goes down.
- Text link ads or placing of out-of-context links to other websites
- Linking in and out to unrelated websites, rated or prohibited content
- Purchasing inbound links to your pages to sabotage Google’s attempt to assign you the right PR
- Pages that deal with traffic generation tools, tips, explaining black-hat techniques or similar stuff
- Use of black hat techniques like overstuffed keywords, hidden text etc
- Too many paid plugs, sponsored reviews etc.
- Paid link or paid-plug related bad plugin/script detection
- If it is a AdWords landing page, somebody manually raised a complaint
- Google bashing
Obviously I have been booked and punished under more than one of those GPCs (Google Penal Code 19XX-20XX) – especially GPC 4 and GPC 9. I haven’t been writing any paid reviews of late nor have I involved selling text links.
Probably I would contact Google (yet to figure out how) for a reconsideration. This is not going to immediately impact me in a big way – probably except for some banner ad sales. However, a lot of young and upcoming bloggers who read my blog may consider the PR as a major authority factor (which to some extent is true) and hence it would be great to retain it for more credibility and authority.
Have any of you faced this kind of a slap from Google? And what did you do about the same??